Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Madres without Antenna

As I arrived to the Laliff ticket desk, after sipping a Korean drink they were serving in the VIP tent -- yeah a Korean drink ... go figure!! -- I had the bad surprise to learn that the LA Latino Film Festival had cancelled the screening of La Antenna, which I was planning to see.

Since they were short on tickets for the premiere of Adrift in Manhattan, I instead decided to go see Madres, a pretty sad documentary about the mothers of young Argentineans who were kidnapped and executed by the military, back in the 70's. While the film was touching and this story deserves to be hears, the documentary did suffer from a few flaws -- more to come in my review.

After the screening, I decided to go check out the premiere party for Adrift in Manhattan, which I'm sad to say was not short on posers and b-celebrities such as one of the Baldwin brothers -- don't ask me which one, I just know it wasn't Alec!

No comments: